Building Surveys & RICS Valuations in Taunton
Your Local Chartered Building Surveyors in Taunton
Areas we cover In Taunton
- Bishop’s Hull
- Monkton Heathfield
- Norton Fitzwarren
- Norton Fitzwarren
- Creech St Michael
Welcome to Your Trusted Building Surveyors in Taunton
From the historic homes in Taunton’s town centre to the modern developments in the outskirts, CJ Bloor Property Consultants is your premier choice for bespoke property services in Taunton. We specialise in RICS Level 2 Home Surveys and RICS Level 3 Home Surveys, complemented by a diverse array of RICS Valuations, each meticulously adapted to accommodate Taunton’s unique property market. Whether you’re interested in the period homes in Vivary Park or the newly constructed properties in Norton Fitzwarren, our extensive expertise spans a wide array of property styles.
Level 2 Homebuyers Survey in Taunton
If you’re considering the purchase of a property in Taunton and require a detailed yet straightforward evaluation, our RICS Home Survey Level 2 is the ideal choice for you. Crafted to meet pre-purchase requirements, this survey provides a comprehensive assessment of the property you’re interested in, flagging any observable defects or hidden risks that could impact your investment choice.
Why Choose RICS Home Survey Level 2 with Us in Taunton:
- Local Expertise: Taunton’s property landscape is diverse, featuring a range of housing styles, from historic homes to modern developments. Our Level 2 surveys are tailored to Taunton’s distinct property types, ensuring you receive a locally relevant and insightful evaluation.
- Transparent Reporting: Property surveys often include technical terminology. We simplify this language in our Level 2 reports, translating complex terms into plain, understandable English. This clarity allows you to quickly grasp the property’s overall condition, a crucial consideration when making a significant financial commitment.
- Cost-Effective: Taunton’s property market offers a variety of options, making our Level 2 survey a cost-effective yet comprehensive choice for your due diligence. The survey identifies areas that may require immediate attention or offer room for negotiation when finalising the purchase price.
By selecting our RICS Home Survey Level 2 in Taunton, you’ll benefit from our local knowledge, transparent reporting, and cost-effectiveness. These essential elements assist you in making an informed and confident property investment in Taunton’s dynamic real estate market.
Level 3 Building Survey in Taunton
If you’re considering a property purchase in Taunton and require a comprehensive evaluation, especially crucial for older or unique buildings, our RICS Home Survey Level 3 is the ideal choice. Designed to meet the specific needs of pre-purchase requirements, this survey offers a meticulous assessment of the property’s structural integrity and overall condition, uncovering both apparent and hidden issues that could impact your property purchase.
Why Choose RICS Home Survey Level 3 with Us in Taunton
- Advanced Expertise: Our Level 3 surveys in Taunton are highly comprehensive and adaptable to various property types, from historic properties in the town centre to modern developments across the area. This specialised expertise allows us to address the unique challenges that Taunton properties may present.
- Detailed Reporting: Tailored for homebuyers seeking an in-depth understanding, our Level 3 reports delve extensively into the property’s condition. Technical terminology is translated into clear and straightforward English, ensuring that you fully grasp the complexities of your potential home.
- Cost Justification: While the Level 3 survey may entail a higher initial cost, the wealth of information it uncovers can offer significant long-term financial benefits. Identifying hidden defects or anticipated future maintenance requirements equips you to make an informed property purchase decision and can serve as a valuable negotiation point for the property’s final purchase price.
By opting for our RICS Home Survey Level 3 in Taunton, you gain access to superior expertise, comprehensive reporting, and the potential for long-term cost advantages. Together, these critical elements provide a solid foundation for making a well-informed and confident property purchase in Taunton.
RICS Valuations in Taunton
When it comes to any property transaction or investment in Taunton, understanding the true value of the property is of paramount importance. Our RICS Valuation Service provides an impartial, market-focused assessment of properties in the Taunton area.
- Adherence to RICS Standards: Our commitment to adhering strictly to RICS guidelines ensures the highest level of reliability in our valuations. We believe in providing you with assessments that stand the test of scrutiny.
- In-depth Local Knowledge: Our valuations are fortified by the latest, comprehensive data on Taunton’s dynamic property market. We understand the nuances of this area, enabling us to provide you with an accurate and insightful evaluation.
- Versatility for Various Applications: Our valuation services are versatile, catering to a range of needs including Help to Buy, Shared Ownership, Probate, Capital Gains Tax, and Private Sale. Whatever your property-related requirements in Taunton, we’ve got you covered.
When you engage CJ Bloor Property Consultants, you’re choosing a dedicated team of professionals who excel at navigating the intricate landscape of Taunton’s property market. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about how our RICS Valuation Service can benefit you, please feel free to contact us.
Useful Information: Taunton
Property Market Trends in Taunton
Taunton, the county town of Somerset, offers a property market that is appealing for its blend of historical charm, rural surroundings, and ongoing development, attracting families, professionals, and retirees.
Central Living and Historic Properties
- Taunton Town Centre: The town centre, known for its mix of Georgian and Victorian architecture, offers a variety of properties, including period homes and modern apartments, appealing to those seeking a central location with historical character.
- Galmington and Trull: These suburbs are sought after for their spacious family homes, good schools, and proximity to the town centre, making them ideal for families and professionals.
Suburban and Village Appeal
- Bishop’s Hull and Staplegrove: These areas offer a mix of traditional and modern homes in a semi-rural setting, popular among families and older residents for their community feel and access to green spaces.
- Norton Fitzwarren and Monkton Heathfield: As growing suburbs with new housing developments, these neighbourhoods are attracting a range of buyers looking for modern living facilities within a village atmosphere.
Growth and Investment
- Firepool: Part of a major regeneration project in the town centre, Firepool is set to include new homes, office spaces, and leisure facilities, offering opportunities for urban redevelopment and investment.
- Wellington: Just outside Taunton, Wellington is expanding with new residential developments, attracting those seeking a balance between town amenities and countryside living.
- Economic Growth: Taunton’s strong local economy, bolstered by public sector employment and retail, supports a stable housing market.
- Transportation: With its railway station offering direct services to London and proximity to the M5 motorway, Taunton is well-connected and appealing to commuters.
- Lifestyle and Recreation: The town’s access to the Somerset countryside, including areas of outstanding natural beauty, as well as local cultural and leisure facilities, adds to its attractiveness as a place to live.
Staying informed about Taunton’s property market trends is crucial for those looking to invest in an area known for its mix of urban amenities, rural charm, and strategic location.
Structural Condition and Common Issues in Taunton
Taunton’s property market features a mix of historical buildings, traditional semi-detached and detached houses, and modern developments, reflecting its blend of rural charm and urban convenience.
Common Types of Properties
- Georgian and Victorian Properties: These are found around the town centre and in areas like Trull and Staplegrove. While they offer period charm, they may require updates to heating systems, electrical wiring, and insulation.
- Post-War Semi-Detached and Detached Homes: Built in the mid-20th century, these houses often provide solid construction but might benefit from modernisation, particularly in terms of energy efficiency.
- Modern Housing Estates: Recent developments in and around Taunton offer contemporary living standards, though the quality of construction should be carefully assessed.
Structural Issues to Look Out For
- Damp and Mould: Older properties, particularly those built with solid walls, can be susceptible to damp issues, necessitating improvements in damp-proofing and ventilation.
- Roofing: The integrity of the roof in both period and mid-century homes is crucial, as repairs or replacements can be significant expenses.
- Subsidence: Some areas in Taunton, particularly those with varying soil types, may be more prone to subsidence, warranting a thorough structural survey.
Key Checks Before Purchase
- RICS Home Survey: A comprehensive property survey by a RICS surveyor is vital for identifying any structural issues that could impact the property’s value and future repair costs.
- Energy Performance Certificate (EPC): This certificate provides an overview of the property’s energy efficiency and potential areas for improvement.
- Local Planning and Development: Being informed about local planning and development projects is important, as they can impact future property values and the community environment.
Understanding the structural conditions and common issues in Taunton’s properties will help buyers make informed decisions, ensuring their property investment is both suitable for their needs and a sound financial decision.
Local Amenities in Taunton
Taunton, the county town of Somerset in England, is known for its rich history, vibrant town centre, and picturesque surroundings. It offers a mix of urban and rural amenities, making it a desirable location for various lifestyles.
Food and Drink
- Diverse Dining Options: Taunton boasts a range of eateries, including traditional British pubs, cafes, and restaurants offering international cuisines.
- Local Produce: The town and surrounding areas are known for their local produce, featured in various farmers’ markets and independent food shops.
- Town Centre: Taunton’s town centre combines high-street stores with independent retailers, offering a diverse shopping experience.
- Retail Parks: Out-of-town retail parks provide additional shopping options, including larger department stores and supermarkets.
Health and Fitness
- Leisure Centres: Facilities like the Blackbrook Pavilion and Wellsprings Leisure Centre offer sports facilities, swimming pools, and gym equipment.
- Outdoor Activities: With its proximity to the Quantock Hills and Somerset Levels, Taunton offers ample opportunities for walking, cycling, and enjoying the countryside.
- Theatres and Galleries: The Brewhouse Theatre and Arts Centre is a hub for performing arts, while The Museum of Somerset showcases the area’s history.
- Historical Sites: Taunton Castle and other historical buildings add to the town’s cultural landscape.
- Schools: Taunton provides a variety of educational facilities, including primary and secondary schools, both state and independent.
- Further Education: Colleges like Bridgwater & Taunton College offer further education and vocational training.
- Rail Services: Taunton railway station offers good connections to London, Bristol, Exeter, and other major cities.
- Road Network: Situated near the M5 motorway, Taunton has excellent road access to the rest of the South West and beyond.
- Hospitals and Clinics: Musgrove Park Hospital is the main healthcare provider in Taunton, complemented by a range of GP practices and health clinics.
Taunton’s amenities, coupled with its scenic Somerset setting, make it an appealing town for families, professionals, and retirees.
Commute and Transportation Options in Taunton
Taunton, the county town of Somerset in South West England, provides various transport options suitable for its residents and visitors:
- Train Services: Taunton Railway Station is an important stop on the Great Western Main Line, offering services to London Paddington, Bristol, Exeter, and Penzance, operated by Great Western Railway and CrossCountry. This connectivity makes it a convenient location for commuters and travellers.
- Bus Services: The town has a comprehensive bus network, connecting Taunton to local areas and nearby towns and cities. Buses are operated by companies like First South West and Buses of Somerset.
Car and Motorway Access
- Motorway Access: The M5 motorway runs close to Taunton, providing direct routes to Exeter and Bristol, and onwards to Birmingham and the South West.
- Major Roads: Other major roads serving Taunton include the A38 and the A358, offering additional access to surrounding areas.
Taxis and Ride-Shares
- Local Taxi Companies: Numerous taxi firms operate in Taunton, offering services for local and regional travel.
- Uber: While Uber’s presence may be limited compared to larger cities, local ride-sharing services offer convenient travel options.
Cycling and Walking
- Cycling Routes: Taunton has several cycling paths and designated routes, with ongoing efforts to improve cycling infrastructure in the town.
- Walking: The town centre and many residential areas are pedestrian-friendly, with amenities and services within easy reach.
- Transport Infrastructure Improvements: Plans for improving transportation in Taunton may include enhancements to road networks, public transport services, and cycling and walking facilities.
Taunton’s transport options, particularly its rail connections and extensive bus network, make it an accessible and attractive location for residents and visitors in Somerset.
Planning Permission and Land Covenants in Taunton
For property development or modifications in Taunton, it’s important to understand the specific planning permissions and land covenants that govern what can be done with properties. These regulations ensure that developments align with local planning strategies and comply with legal requirements.
Types of Planning Permission
- Outline Planning Permission: This is an initial consent that sets out the principles of development, but requires detailed plans to be submitted later for full approval.
- Full Planning Permission: Necessary for specific construction works or significant alterations, this detailed permission must be obtained before any work starts.
- Permitted Development Rights: Some minor improvements and extensions might not need full planning permission. However, it’s advisable to check with Somerset West and Taunton Council, especially in conservation areas or for properties with special designations.
Common Land Covenants in Taunton
- Restrictive Covenants: These are conditions that can limit the use or development of land, such as preventing certain types of construction or specifying the use of the property.
- Positive Covenants: These require property owners to perform specific actions, like maintaining a shared boundary or contributing to communal infrastructure.
Factors to Consider
- Local Plans: Somerset West and Taunton Council’s Local Plan outlines policies and guidelines for development, including considerations for housing, commercial development, and environmental sustainability.
- Conservation Areas and Listed Buildings: Additional planning controls may apply to properties within conservation areas or listed buildings to preserve architectural and historical heritage.
Local Sources of Help
- Somerset West and Taunton Council Planning Services: Provides support for planning applications, advice on local planning regulations, and policies.
- Land Registry: The official source for information on property ownership and details of any land covenants.
Tips for Navigating the System
- Pre-application Consultation: Engaging with planning officers before submitting a formal application can offer insights into potential planning constraints and the likelihood of approval.
- Legal Advice: Due to the complexities of land covenants, seeking legal counsel can be crucial in understanding their impact on your property.
By understanding the planning permissions and land covenants in Taunton, property developers and owners can ensure that their projects are compliant with local regulations and contribute positively to the community’s planning objectives.
Click on the image for more information
Choose the RICS Level 2 Home Survey for modern properties that are in reasonable condition to gain a thorough yet accessible review of the property's condition. Identify minor to moderate issues, so you can negotiate price or plan for future repairs.
The RICS Level 3 Home Survey is the most comprehensive inspection available, suitable for older properties and ones that have been significantly extended. Delve deep into structural integrity and potential defects to make an informed decision and safeguard your investment.
Need an accurate and reliable market value for your property? Obtain an in-depth RICS Valuation Report, meticulously conducted by certified valuation professionals. Ideal for a range of purposes including Help to Buy, Shared Ownership, Probate, Matrimonial, Capital Gains Tax, and more.
Obtain a Commercial Property Valuation from our certified experts, vital for sales, acquisitions, and compliance. Our valuations offer key insights into your property's worth, supporting strategic decisions and ensuring market readiness. Ideal for understanding investment value.