Building Surveys & RICS Valuations in Wigan
Expert Chartered Building Surveyors in Wigan
Areas we cover In Wigan
Welcome to Your Trusted Building Surveyors in Wigan
From the heritage of Wigan Pier to the green spaces of Haigh Woodland Park, CJ Bloor Property Consultants is your leading resource for bespoke property services in Wigan. Specialising in RICS Level 2 and Level 3 Home Surveys and a diverse range of RICS Valuations, we tailor our services to the unique characteristics of Wigan’s property market.
Level 2 Homebuyers Survey in Wigan
If you’re considering the purchase of a property in Wigan and require a detailed yet straightforward evaluation, our RICS Home Survey Level 2 is the ideal choice for you. Designed to meet pre-purchase requirements, this survey provides a comprehensive assessment of the property you’re interested in, flagging any observable defects or hidden risks that could impact your investment choice.
Why Choose RICS Home Survey Level 2 with Us in Wigan:
- Local Expertise: Wigan’s property landscape is diverse, featuring a variety of housing styles, from historic homes to modern developments. Our Level 2 surveys are tailored to Wigan’s distinct property types, ensuring you receive a locally relevant and insightful evaluation.
- Transparent Reporting: Property surveys often include technical terminology. We simplify this language in our Level 2 reports, translating complex terms into plain, understandable English. This clarity allows you to quickly grasp the property’s overall condition, a crucial consideration when making a significant financial commitment.
- Cost-Effective: Wigan’s property market offers a range of options, making our Level 2 survey a cost-effective yet comprehensive choice for your due diligence. The survey identifies areas that may require immediate attention or offer room for negotiation when finalising the purchase price.
By selecting our RICS Home Survey Level 2 in Wigan, you’ll benefit from our local knowledge, transparent reporting, and cost-effectiveness. These essential elements assist you in making an informed and confident property investment in Wigan’s dynamic real estate market.
Level 3 Building Survey in Wigan
If you’re considering a property purchase in Wigan and require a comprehensive evaluation, especially crucial for older or unique buildings, our RICS Home Survey Level 3 is the ideal choice. Designed to meet the specific needs of pre-purchase requirements, this survey offers a meticulous assessment of the property’s structural integrity and overall condition, uncovering both apparent and hidden issues that could impact your buying decision.
Why Choose RICS Home Survey Level 3 with Us in Wigan
- Advanced Expertise: Our Level 3 surveys in Wigan are highly comprehensive and adaptable to various property types, from historic properties in the town centre to contemporary developments in the Greater Manchester area. This specialised expertise allows us to address the unique challenges that Wigan properties may present.
- Detailed Reporting: Tailored for homebuyers seeking an in-depth understanding, our Level 3 reports delve extensively into the property’s condition. Technical terminology is translated into clear and straightforward English, ensuring that you fully grasp the complexities of your potential home.
- Cost Justification: While the Level 3 survey may entail a higher initial cost, the wealth of information it uncovers can offer significant long-term financial benefits. Identifying hidden defects or anticipated future maintenance requirements equips you to make an informed buying decision and can serve as a valuable negotiation point for the property’s final purchase price.
By opting for our RICS Home Survey Level 3 in Wigan, you gain access to superior expertise, comprehensive reporting, and the potential for long-term cost advantages. Together, these critical elements provide a solid foundation for making a well-informed and confident property purchase in Wigan.
RICS Valuations in Wigan
When it comes to any property transaction or investment in Wigan, understanding the true value of the property is of paramount importance. Our RICS Valuation Service provides an impartial, market-focused assessment of properties in the Wigan area.
- Adherence to RICS Standards: Our commitment to adhering strictly to RICS guidelines ensures the highest level of reliability in our valuations. We believe in providing you with assessments that stand the test of scrutiny.
- In-depth Local Knowledge: Our valuations are fortified by the latest, comprehensive data on Wigan’s dynamic property market. We understand the nuances of this area, enabling us to provide you with an accurate and insightful evaluation.
- Versatility for Various Applications: Our valuation services are versatile, catering to a range of needs including Help to Buy, Shared Ownership, Probate, Capital Gains Tax, and Private Sale. Whatever your property-related requirements in Wigan, we’ve got you covered.
When you engage CJ Bloor Property Consultants, you’re choosing a dedicated team of professionals who excel at navigating the intricate landscape of Wigan’s property market. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about how our RICS Valuation Service can benefit you, please feel free to contact us.
Useful Information: Wigan
Property Market Trends in Wigan
Situated to the west of Manchester, Wigan is a town with a rich industrial history and an emerging modern profile. For those considering property transactions here, understanding the market dynamics is crucial. Below is an in-depth look at the prevailing property trends in Wigan.
Areas on the Rise
- Standish: With its charming village atmosphere and good schools, Standish has become a favoured residential spot.
- Ashton-in-Makerfield: This area offers affordability along with good amenities, making it ideal for first-time buyers.
- Winstanley: Known for its well-built homes and peaceful setting, Winstanley attracts families and retirees alike.
- Price Stability: The Wigan property market is characterised by steady but moderate growth, making it a less volatile investment.
- Rental Appeal: With comparatively lower property costs, Wigan has a strong rental market, providing decent yields for investors.
- Transport Links: Easy access to the M6 and frequent train services to major cities like Manchester make Wigan a convenient location for commuters.
- Educational Facilities: The presence of well-regarded schools serves as a significant attraction for families.
- Local Amenities: The town centre, with its shopping options, and nearby parks and green spaces, add to Wigan’s appeal.
The Wigan Pier regeneration project, which aims to convert the iconic area into a leisure and business hub, offers promising prospects for property value appreciation.
Being well-versed in Wigan’s property market trends will allow you to make informed decisions, whether you’re considering a residential acquisition or an investment venture.
Structural Condition and Common Issues in Wigan
Investing in Wigan’s property market? A vital component of your due diligence should be understanding the structural conditions and frequent issues affecting homes in the area. This will empower you to make knowledgeable decisions and potentially save you money on future repairs.
Common Structural Issues
- Concrete Cancer: Some properties built using reinforced concrete may show signs of cracking and rust stains, often requiring significant remedial work.
- Asbestos: In older properties, asbestos may have been used in roofing and insulation materials and will need safe removal.
- Poor Drainage: With Wigan’s mix of urban and rural areas, inadequate drainage can be a concern, potentially leading to water ingress and foundation problems.
- Ageing Heating Systems: Older properties may have outdated and inefficient heating systems, which are less environmentally friendly and more costly to operate.
- RICS Surveys: A comprehensive RICS Home Survey can identify structural flaws, helping you decide whether to proceed with the purchase or negotiate on price.
- Grants and Financial Support: Wigan Council sometimes offers financial assistance for significant repairs, especially for low-income families.
- Regular Maintenance: A preventive approach to property upkeep can nip potential problems in the bud, avoiding more significant issues later on.
Considerations for Different Property Types
- Terraced Housing: Common in Wigan, these properties require close scrutiny for issues like shared drainage and structural integrity of party walls.
- Converted Industrial Buildings: These properties offer a unique aesthetic but may come with challenges like damp and a lack of natural light.
- Modern Developments: Newer properties usually offer the benefit of modern construction standards but always perform due diligence to check for defects.
Being informed about the structural conditions prevalent in Wigan’s property market will significantly aid your decision-making, whether you’re a seasoned investor or buying your first home.
Local Amenities in Wigan
Wigan, located in Greater Manchester, offers a variety of local amenities that cater to different lifestyles. With a mix of shopping opportunities, health facilities, and leisure activities, Wigan has something for everyone, from singles to families.
Shopping and Retail
- Grand Arcade: The main shopping centre featuring a variety of high-street stores, cafes, and restaurants.
- Wigan Market: One of the oldest markets in the country, offering fresh produce, household items, and locally crafted goods.
Health and Fitness
- Wigan Life Centre: Provides a range of fitness facilities, including a swimming pool, gym, and group exercise classes.
- Haigh Woodland Park: Ideal for walking, jogging, and cycling, featuring a range of trails and beautiful landscapes.
Dining and Leisure
- The Old Courts: A vibrant arts centre hosting live music, theatre productions, and art exhibitions.
- Wigan Little Theatre: Known for its community productions, offering a selection of shows throughout the year.
- Mesnes Park: A Victorian park with play areas, a café, and a mini-golf course, ideal for family outings.
- Wigan Roller Rink: A unique indoor roller-skating venue, providing fun for families and individuals alike.
- Wigan Infirmary: Provides healthcare services ranging from general care to specialist treatments.
- Wigan Library: Not just a place for borrowing books, but also a community space offering workshops and activities.
Understanding the local amenities in Wigan can play a pivotal role in your decision-making process when considering property purchases or investments.
Commute and Transportation Options in Wigan
When contemplating property purchases or investments in Wigan, a thorough understanding of the local commute and transportation networks can be invaluable. Wigan’s well-connected infrastructure adds significant value to the residential and commercial properties in the area.
- Bus Services: Wigan has a robust bus network with key routes like the 628 and 600, providing easy access to other parts of Greater Manchester and nearby areas.
- Wigan North Western and Wigan Wallgate Stations: These two main train stations offer direct services to Manchester, Liverpool, and even London, ideal for commuters and those needing to travel further afield.
- M6 and M58: Wigan is strategically situated near these motorways, facilitating quick and easy travel to various parts of the North West and beyond.
- A577 and A49: These major A-roads serve Wigan, offering convenient routes for local and regional travel.
Cycling and Pedestrian Routes
- Leeds and Liverpool Canal: A popular route for both cyclists and walkers, offering scenic views and a more relaxed commute.
- Haigh Woodland Park: Provides beautiful walking paths that can be used for leisure or short, local commutes.
- Manchester Airport: Approximately a 30-minute drive from Wigan, offering convenient access to international and domestic flights for regular travellers.
Having a grasp of the commute and transportation options in Wigan can greatly influence your property-related decisions. The well-rounded transport network adds a layer of convenience and appeal, making Wigan an attractive choice for various property needs.
Planning Permission and Land Covenants in Wigan
Planning Permission in Wigan
Understanding the regulatory framework around planning permission is essential for anyone looking to invest in or develop property in Wigan.
What You Need to Know
- Wigan Local Plan: Wigan has a comprehensive Local Plan that provides guidance on development throughout the borough, including areas like Leigh and Ashton-in-Makerfield.
- Green Belt Constraints: Parts of Wigan lie in the Green Belt, where strict planning controls are in place to prevent urban sprawl.
- Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas: Wigan has a number of heritage assets where special planning considerations apply.
- Assumptions About Permitted Development: Some types of minor developments are permitted without needing a full planning application, but it’s essential to consult local policies first.
- Overlooking Transport Assessments: In Wigan, any development that significantly impacts the transport network may require a detailed transport assessment.
Land Covenants in Wigan
It’s crucial to understand any land covenants that might apply to a property in Wigan, as they can significantly impact your ability to develop or change it.
Types of Covenants
- Positive Covenants: These might include obligations to maintain communal facilities, such as parks or roads.
- Restrictive Covenants: These could prevent you from making specific types of improvements or changes to the property, like adding a second storey.
Things to Consider
- Duration of Covenants: Some covenants may have a time limit, while others might be indefinite, affecting long-term planning.
- Legal Advice: As covenants can be complex and specific to each property, it’s highly advisable to seek expert legal advice.
Being well-versed in both planning permission and land covenants will give you an upper hand when navigating Wigan’s property market.
Click on the image for more information
Choose the RICS Level 2 Home Survey for modern properties that are in reasonable condition to gain a thorough yet accessible review of the property's condition. Identify minor to moderate issues, so you can negotiate price or plan for future repairs.
The RICS Level 3 Home Survey is the most comprehensive inspection available, suitable for older properties and ones that have been significantly extended. Delve deep into structural integrity and potential defects to make an informed decision and safeguard your investment.
Need an accurate and reliable market value for your property? Obtain an in-depth RICS Valuation Report, meticulously conducted by certified valuation professionals. Ideal for a range of purposes including Help to Buy, Shared Ownership, Probate, Matrimonial, Capital Gains Tax, and more.
Obtain a Commercial Property Valuation from our certified experts, vital for sales, acquisitions, and compliance. Our valuations offer key insights into your property's worth, supporting strategic decisions and ensuring market readiness. Ideal for understanding investment value.