Building Surveys & RICS Valuations in Blackpool
Expert Chartered Building Surveyors in Blackpool
Areas we cover In Blackpool
- South Shore
- North Shore
- Stanley Park
- Great Marton
- Little Layton
- Squires Gate
- Grange Park
Welcome to Your Trusted Building Surveyors in Blackpool
From the iconic glow of Blackpool Tower to the tranquil neighbourhoods of Bispham, CJ Bloor Property Consultants is your premier choice for customised property services in Blackpool. Specialising in RICS Level 2 and Level 3 Home Surveys as well as a wide range of RICS Valuations, we cater to Blackpool’s unique property needs. Our expertise is as diverse as the properties we assess, be it Victorian terraced homes, seafront apartments, or modern estates.
Level 2 Homebuyers Survey in Blackpool
If you’re contemplating the acquisition of a property in Blackpool and are in need of a thorough yet easily understandable assessment, our RICS Home Survey Level 2 is the perfect solution for you. Tailored to meet pre-purchase requirements, this survey offers a comprehensive evaluation of your chosen property in Blackpool, highlighting any visible defects or concealed risks that could impact your investment decision.
Why Opt for RICS Home Survey Level 2 with Us in Blackpool:
- Local Expertise: Blackpool’s property landscape boasts a diverse array of housing styles, ranging from historic residences to contemporary developments. Our Level 2 surveys are specifically designed to address Blackpool’s unique property types, ensuring you receive a locally relevant and insightful evaluation.
- Clear and Transparent Reporting: Property surveys often involve technical jargon that can be perplexing. In our Level 2 reports, we simplify this language, translating complex terms into plain, easy-to-understand English. This clarity enables you to quickly grasp the overall condition of the property, a vital consideration when making a substantial financial commitment.
- Cost-Efficiency: Blackpool’s property market offers a wide spectrum of choices, making our Level 2 survey an economical yet thorough option for your due diligence. The survey identifies areas that may require immediate attention or provide room for negotiation when finalising the purchase price.
By choosing our RICS Home Survey Level 2 in Blackpool, you’ll benefit from our local expertise, transparent reporting, and cost-effective approach. These critical elements will aid you in making an informed and confident property investment decision in Blackpool’s dynamic real estate market.
Level 3 Building Survey in Blackpool
If you’re considering a property purchase in Blackpool and require a comprehensive evaluation, especially crucial for older or unique buildings, our RICS Home Survey Level 3 is the ideal choice. Designed to meet the specific needs of pre-purchase requirements, this survey offers a meticulous assessment of the property’s structural integrity and overall condition, uncovering both apparent and hidden issues that could impact your property purchase.
Why Choose RICS Home Survey Level 3 with Us in Blackpool
- Advanced Expertise: Our Level 3 surveys in Blackpool are highly comprehensive and adaptable to various property types, from historic properties in the town centre to modern developments across the area. This specialised expertise allows us to address the unique challenges that Blackpool properties may present.
- Detailed Reporting: Tailored for homebuyers seeking an in-depth understanding, our Level 3 reports delve extensively into the property’s condition. Technical terminology is translated into clear and straightforward English, ensuring that you fully grasp the complexities of your potential home.
- Cost Justification: While the Level 3 survey may entail a higher initial cost, the wealth of information it uncovers can offer significant long-term financial benefits. Identifying hidden defects or anticipated future maintenance requirements equips you to make an informed property purchase decision and can serve as a valuable negotiation point for the property’s final purchase price.
By opting for our RICS Home Survey Level 3 in Blackpool, you gain access to superior expertise, comprehensive reporting, and the potential for long-term cost advantages. Together, these critical elements provide a solid foundation for making a well-informed and confident property purchase in Blackpool.
RICS Valuations in Blackpool
When it comes to any property transaction or investment in Blackpool, understanding the true value of the property is of paramount importance. Our RICS Valuation Service provides an impartial, market-focused assessment of properties in the Blackpool area.
- Adherence to RICS Standards: Our commitment to adhering strictly to RICS guidelines ensures the highest level of reliability in our valuations. We believe in providing you with assessments that stand the test of scrutiny.
- In-depth Local Knowledge: Our valuations are fortified by the latest, comprehensive data on Blackpool’s dynamic property market. We understand the nuances of this area, enabling us to provide you with an accurate and insightful evaluation.
- Versatility for Various Applications: Our valuation services are versatile, catering to a range of needs including Help to Buy, Shared Ownership, Probate, Capital Gains Tax, and Private Sale. Whatever your property-related requirements in Blackpool, we’ve got you covered.
When you engage CJ Bloor Property Consultants, you’re choosing a dedicated team of professionals who excel at navigating the intricate landscape of Blackpool’s property market. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about how our RICS Valuation Service can benefit you, please feel free to contact us.
Useful Information: Blackpool
Property Market Trends in Blackpool
Understanding the ebb and flow of the property market in Blackpool is essential for both prospective homeowners and seasoned investors. Knowing which areas are appreciating or depreciating can guide your property-related decisions effectively.
- Stanley Park: Renowned for its historic park and character homes, Stanley Park has maintained robust property values, attracting those looking for long-term investment.
- South Shore: An area offering sea views and strong transport links, South Shore has a stable housing market and is particularly popular among retirees.
- Bispham: With its suburban feel and local amenities, Bispham is emerging as a desirable location for families.
- Layton: Increasingly benefiting from regeneration projects, Layton is a neighbourhood to watch for property appreciation.
Factors Affecting Market Trends
- Tourism: Blackpool’s reputation as a tourist destination has a seasonal impact on short-term rentals and the hotel sector, indirectly influencing property values.
- Transport Links: The town’s well-connected tram and bus services, along with its railway station, contribute to making certain areas more appealing.
- Local Amenities: The presence of attractions like Blackpool Tower and Pleasure Beach, as well as shopping and dining options, adds to the town’s property appeal.
Arming yourself with knowledge about Blackpool’s property market trends enables you to make astute decisions, whether you’re looking to buy, sell, or invest.
Structural Condition and Common Issues in Blackpool
Before you take the plunge into Blackpool’s property market, it’s crucial to acquaint yourself with the area’s typical structural conditions. From traditional Victorian terraces to modern apartment complexes, here’s what you need to know:
Common Types of Properties
- Victorian Terraces: Full of character but often requiring modernisation, particularly in terms of insulation and electrical systems.
- 1930s Bungalows: Generally robust but may require updates in areas like plumbing and heating.
- Modern Apartment Blocks: Usually compliant with current building regulations but can vary in quality based on the developer.
Structural Issues to Look Out For
- Dampness and Mould: Especially prevalent in older Victorian properties, check for damp conditions in basements and ground floors.
- Roofing: Older bungalows may have roofs that are reaching the end of their lifespan and may require repairs or replacement.
- Balcony Integrity: In modern apartment blocks, make sure balconies are well-maintained, as salt air can accelerate wear and tear.
Key Checks Before Purchase
- RICS Home Survey: A vital step for unveiling hidden issues, potentially saving you time and money down the line.
- Coastal Erosion Reports: Given Blackpool’s seaside location, check local reports for any issues related to coastal erosion.
- Local Amenities: Assess the proximity of local amenities, as these can significantly influence the property’s long-term value.
By familiarising yourself with Blackpool’s prevalent structural conditions, you’ll be in a strong position to make an informed property investment.
Local Amenities in Blackpool
Acquiring knowledge about local amenities is paramount when contemplating property choices in Blackpool. This coastal town in Lancashire is known for its iconic Pleasure Beach, historic pier, and a rich variety of modern conveniences well-suited to diverse lifestyles.
Food and Drink
- Seafront Eateries: Perfect spots for enjoying fish and chips while taking in the sea views.
- Restaurants and Pubs: Blackpool offers a wide range of dining experiences, from international cuisines to traditional British pubs.
- Houndshill Shopping Centre: The main shopping hub featuring a mix of high-street brands and boutique stores.
- Local Markets: Several markets and pop-up shops offer everything from local produce to artisanal crafts.
Health and Fitness
- Stanley Park: A Grade II listed park offering various sports facilities, gardens, and a boating lake.
- Fitness Centres: Numerous gyms and leisure centres cater to all fitness needs with modern equipment and classes.
- Blackpool Tower: More than just a tourist attraction, it hosts various events and shows year-round.
- Winter Gardens: A historic venue featuring a range of entertainment, from music concerts to comedy shows.
- Schools: Blackpool provides a good selection of state and independent schools, offering diverse educational options.
- Adult Learning: Blackpool and The Fylde College provides various adult education courses and vocational training.
- Blackpool North Railway Station: Offers convenient links to major cities including Manchester and Liverpool.
- Bus and Tram Services: A well-developed public transport system ensures easy travel within the town and to surrounding areas.
Understanding Blackpool’s local amenities is essential for making informed property decisions, whether you’re interested in residential living or considering an investment.
Commute and Transportation Options in Blackpool
If you’re mulling over Blackpool as a prospective area for property investment or residence, understanding the commute and transportation amenities is key. This guide aims to offer you invaluable information to aid your decision-making process.
- Blackpool North Railway Station: Provides essential train services that link Blackpool to destinations like Manchester, Liverpool, and London.
- Tram Services: The Blackpool Tramway serves the coastline, offering a convenient way to move about locally.
- Bus Services: Companies such as Blackpool Transport provide extensive bus networks within the town and to neighbouring areas.
Car and Motorway Access
- M55 Motorway: Provides a swift connection to the M6, facilitating travel to major cities including Manchester and Preston.
- Primary Roads: The A583 and A587 are important roads for local and regional travel.
Taxis and Ride-Shares
- Local Taxi Services: Multiple local taxi firms operate in Blackpool, catering to both short and long-distance requirements.
- Uber: Is operational in the area, providing a modern, app-based alternative to traditional taxis.
Cycling and Walking
- Local Cycle Routes: Blackpool has numerous cycling paths that are connected to broader regional cycling networks.
- Pedestrian Zones: The town centre and Promenade are pedestrian-friendly, making it easier to navigate on foot.
- Blackpool Council Transport Plans: Efforts are ongoing to improve public transportation and invest in cycling and walking infrastructure to elevate local mobility.
Being conversant with the commute and transportation options in Blackpool can substantially inform your choices, be it for investment or personal residence.
Planning Permission and Land Covenants in Blackpool
When dealing with property in Blackpool, whether you’re a first-time homebuyer or a seasoned investor, it’s crucial to understand the intricacies of planning permissions and land covenants to make informed decisions.
Types of Planning Permission
- Outline Planning Permission: This provides initial consent for a development, but further, detailed plans are needed for complete approval.
- Full Planning Permission: This offers a more comprehensive sanction, allowing a variety of construction works such as new builds, extensions, and alterations.
- Permitted Development Rights: Some minor works, like internal renovations or adding a conservatory, may not require formal planning permission.
Common Land Covenants in Blackpool
- Restrictive Covenants: These are limitations set on how you can use the property. For example, you might be restricted from building additional structures or changing the property’s facade.
- Positive Covenants: These oblige the landowner to perform specific actions, usually tied to maintaining shared spaces such as driveways or communal gardens.
Factors to Consider
- Local Plans: Blackpool is under the jurisdiction of Blackpool Council, which has its own set of Local Plans that influence property development.
- Conservation Areas: If the property is situated in a conservation area, additional regulations may apply.
Local Sources of Help
- Blackpool Council Planning Services: This online resource provides information on planning requirements, policies, and application procedures specific to Blackpool.
- Land Registry: Crucial for checking existing covenants and understanding the property’s ownership details.
Tips for Navigating the System
- Pre-application Consultation: It’s often advisable to have a pre-application discussion with Blackpool Council to clarify any questions and mitigate issues before formal submission.
- Legal Advice: Due to the complicated nature of land covenants, it’s recommended to consult with a legal expert to fully understand your obligations and rights.
Armed with this knowledge of planning permissions and land covenants in Blackpool, you can navigate property transactions with increased confidence.
Click on the image for more information
Choose the RICS Level 2 Home Survey for modern properties that are in reasonable condition to gain a thorough yet accessible review of the property's condition. Identify minor to moderate issues, so you can negotiate price or plan for future repairs.
The RICS Level 3 Home Survey is the most comprehensive inspection available, suitable for older properties and ones that have been significantly extended. Delve deep into structural integrity and potential defects to make an informed decision and safeguard your investment.
Need an accurate and reliable market value for your property? Obtain an in-depth RICS Valuation Report, meticulously conducted by certified valuation professionals. Ideal for a range of purposes including Help to Buy, Shared Ownership, Probate, Matrimonial, Capital Gains Tax, and more.
Obtain a Commercial Property Valuation from our certified experts, vital for sales, acquisitions, and compliance. Our valuations offer key insights into your property's worth, supporting strategic decisions and ensuring market readiness. Ideal for understanding investment value.