Building Surveys & RICS Valuations in Skelmersdale
Expert Chartered Building Surveyors in Skelmersdale
Areas we cover In Skelmersdale
- Birch Green
- Old Skelmersdale
- Elmers Green
- Holland Moor
- College Town
- Fosters Green
Welcome to Your Trusted Building Surveyors in Skelmersdale
From the planned estates of Digmoor to the more recent developments in Ashurst, CJ Bloor Property Consultants is your reliable partner for individualised property services in Skelmersdale. Our offerings include RICS Level 2 and Level 3 Home Surveys and a versatile range of RICS Valuations, each meticulously calibrated to suit the particulars of Skelmersdale’s property market.
Level 2 Homebuyers Survey in Skelmersdale
If you’re contemplating the acquisition of a property in Skelmersdale and are in need of a thorough yet easily understandable assessment, our RICS Home Survey Level 2 is the perfect solution for you. Tailored to meet pre-purchase requirements, this survey offers a comprehensive evaluation of your chosen property in Skelmersdale, highlighting any visible defects or concealed risks that could impact your investment decision.
Why Opt for RICS Home Survey Level 2 with Us in Skelmersdale:
- Local Expertise: Skelmersdale’s property landscape boasts a diverse array of housing styles, ranging from historic residences to contemporary developments. Our Level 2 surveys are specifically designed to address Skelmersdale’s unique property types, ensuring you receive a locally relevant and insightful evaluation.
- Clear and Transparent Reporting: Property surveys often involve technical jargon that can be perplexing. In our Level 2 reports, we simplify this language, translating complex terms into plain, easy-to-understand English. This clarity enables you to quickly grasp the overall condition of the property, a vital consideration when making a substantial financial commitment.
- Cost-Efficiency: Skelmersdale’s property market offers a wide spectrum of choices, making our Level 2 survey an economical yet thorough option for your due diligence. The survey identifies areas that may require immediate attention or provide room for negotiation when finalising the purchase price.
By choosing our RICS Home Survey Level 2 in Skelmersdale, you’ll benefit from our local expertise, transparent reporting, and cost-effective approach. These critical elements will aid you in making an informed and confident property investment decision in Skelmersdale’s dynamic real estate market.
Level 3 Building Survey in Skelmersdale
If you’re considering a property purchase in Skelmersdale and require a comprehensive evaluation, especially crucial for older or unique buildings, our RICS Home Survey Level 3 is the ideal choice. Designed to meet the specific needs of pre-purchase requirements, this survey offers a meticulous assessment of the property’s structural integrity and overall condition, uncovering both apparent and hidden issues that could impact your property purchase.
Why Choose RICS Home Survey Level 3 with Us in Skelmersdale
- Advanced Expertise: Our Level 3 surveys in Skelmersdale are highly comprehensive and adaptable to various property types, from historic properties in the town centre to modern developments across the area. This specialised expertise allows us to address the unique challenges that Skelmersdale properties may present.
- Detailed Reporting: Tailored for homebuyers seeking an in-depth understanding, our Level 3 reports delve extensively into the property’s condition. Technical terminology is translated into clear and straightforward English, ensuring that you fully grasp the complexities of your potential home.
- Cost Justification: While the Level 3 survey may entail a higher initial cost, the wealth of information it uncovers can offer significant long-term financial benefits. Identifying hidden defects or anticipated future maintenance requirements equips you to make an informed property purchase decision and can serve as a valuable negotiation point for the property’s final purchase price.
By opting for our RICS Home Survey Level 3 in Skelmersdale, you gain access to superior expertise, comprehensive reporting, and the potential for long-term cost advantages. Together, these critical elements provide a solid foundation for making a well-informed and confident property purchase in Skelmersdale.
RICS Valuations in Skelmersdale
When it comes to any property transaction or investment in Skelmersdale, understanding the true value of the property is of paramount importance. Our RICS Valuation Service provides an impartial, market-focused assessment of properties in the Skelmersdale area.
- Adherence to RICS Standards: Our commitment to adhering strictly to RICS guidelines ensures the highest level of reliability in our valuations. We believe in providing you with assessments that stand the test of scrutiny.
- In-depth Local Knowledge: Our valuations are fortified by the latest, comprehensive data on Skelmersdale’s dynamic property market. We understand the nuances of this area, enabling us to provide you with an accurate and insightful evaluation.
- Versatility for Various Applications: Our valuation services are versatile, catering to a range of needs including Help to Buy, Shared Ownership, Probate, Capital Gains Tax, and Private Sale. Whatever your property-related requirements in Skelmersdale, we’ve got you covered.
When you engage CJ Bloor Property Consultants, you’re choosing a dedicated team of professionals who excel at navigating the intricate landscape of Skelmersdale’s property market. If you have any questions or would like to learn more about how our RICS Valuation Service can benefit you, please feel free to contact us.
Useful Information: Skelmersdale
Property Market Trends in Skelmersdale
Understanding the local property market in Skelmersdale is essential for anyone considering purchasing or investing here. Knowing the stable neighbourhoods, emerging districts, and influential factors can be a decisive advantage in making informed decisions.
- Ashurst: Known for its variety of housing options and well-regarded schools, Ashurst continues to offer a stable property market attractive to families.
- Digmoor: With a mix of semi-detached and terraced homes, Digmoor remains a stable choice for a diverse range of buyers.
- Old Skelmersdale: With planned regeneration and affordable housing options, Old Skelmersdale is increasingly becoming an attractive investment opportunity.
- Elmers Green: A focus on modern residential developments is drawing younger professionals and families to this up-and-coming area.
Factors Affecting Market Trends
- Accessibility: Skelmersdale’s strategic location near the M58 and M6 motorways makes it highly accessible, boosting its property market.
- Employment: The town’s expanding industrial and commercial zones are providing increased employment opportunities, influencing local property demand.
- Local Amenities: Proximity to shopping centres, parks, and community facilities adds to the attractiveness of properties in Skelmersdale.
Being informed about Skelmersdale’s property market trends will assist you in making prudent decisions, whether for personal residence or investment.
Structural Condition and Common Issues in Skelmersdale
If you’re eyeing a property purchase in Skelmersdale, understanding the various structural conditions and challenges is indispensable. From post-war developments to newer housing estates, here’s a primer on what you could come across:
Common Types of Properties
- 1960s New Town Housing: While functional, these properties may require upgrades to heating and electrical systems.
- Modern Detached and Semi-Detached Homes: Usually built to higher standards but the quality may differ between developers.
- Converted Flats: Previously commercial or industrial spaces that have been converted and may require additional inspection for structural integrity.
Structural Issues to Look Out For
- Flat Roofs: Common in 1960s housing and may require maintenance or replacement.
- Damp and Mould: Older homes and converted flats can suffer from inadequate damp-proofing.
- Wall Tie Failure: Some older properties might have corroded wall ties that need replacement.
Key Checks Before Purchase
- RICS Home Survey: An indispensable tool for identifying hidden issues and can provide leverage during purchase negotiations.
- Utilities Check: Be mindful of the age and condition of utility lines, as replacements can be costly.
- Local Development Plans: Keep an eye on upcoming infrastructure projects as these can impact property values.
By being informed about these structural factors in Skelmersdale, you’re better positioned to make a well-considered property investment.
Local Amenities in Skelmersdale
For those contemplating property decisions in Skelmersdale, awareness of the town’s local amenities is crucial. Located in West Lancashire, Skelmersdale offers a mix of urban facilities and natural beauty, catering to a wide range of lifestyle needs.
Food and Drink
- Cafés and Coffee Shops: The town features various cafés where you can grab a quick coffee or enjoy a light lunch.
- Restaurants and Takeaways: Skelmersdale has a variety of eateries, offering options ranging from traditional British food to international cuisines.
- Concourse Shopping Centre: This is the primary retail hub, hosting a mix of high-street names and independent stores.
- Local Shops: A selection of independent retailers provide more specialised shopping options.
Health and Fitness
- Tawd Valley Park: Ideal for outdoor activities, from leisurely walks to more strenuous hikes.
- Leisure Centres: Well-equipped centres offer a variety of fitness classes, gym facilities, and swimming pools.
- Artz Centre: This community space provides an array of creative and performing arts opportunities.
- Libraries: Several local libraries offer a peaceful space for reading, studying, and community events.
- Schools: Skelmersdale offers a selection of schools, from primary through to secondary, meeting diverse educational requirements.
- Adult Education: Various centres in the area provide a range of courses for adult learners, from leisure activities to professional development.
- Bus Services: A network of bus routes makes it convenient to travel within the town and to neighbouring locations like Wigan and Ormskirk.
- Road Connectivity: Skelmersdale benefits from good road links, notably via the M58 motorway, which offers easy access to Liverpool and the broader North West.
Understanding the local amenities in Skelmersdale can significantly inform your property choices, whether for a residential home or an investment opportunity.
Commute and Transportation Options in Skelmersdale
If Skelmersdale is on your list as a potential place for property investment or as a new home, understanding the commute and transportation infrastructure is crucial. This guide aims to give you a well-rounded but generalised overview to assist in your decision-making process.
- Bus Services: Numerous bus operators such as Arriva serve Skelmersdale, connecting it to nearby cities like Wigan and Liverpool.
- Rail Access: Though Skelmersdale currently lacks a direct rail link, nearby stations like Ormskirk and Wigan offer wider connections.
Car and Motorway Access
- M58 Motorway: Provides excellent links to Liverpool and connects to the M6, making it highly convenient for longer journeys.
- Key Roads: The A570 and A577 are key arterial routes that make local commuting a breeze.
Taxis and Ride-Shares
- Local Taxi Services: Several taxi companies operate in Skelmersdale, offering a range of services for both short and long-distance travel.
- Uber: While not as extensive as in larger cities, Uber services are available and offer another option for convenient travel.
Cycling and Walking
- Local Cycling Routes: Skelmersdale features several cycle routes that tie into the wider Lancashire cycling network.
- Pedestrian-Friendly Zones: Town centres and residential areas often have well-marked pedestrian paths, making walking a viable option for local journeys.
- Lancashire County Council Initiatives: There are ongoing plans to improve the transport infrastructure, including the potential for a new railway station and better walking and cycling routes.
Being well-informed about the commute and transportation options in Skelmersdale will undoubtedly aid you in making more knowledgeable choices, whether for property investment or personal residence.
Planning Permission and Land Covenants in Skelmersdale
Understanding the nuances of planning permissions and land covenants is crucial for anyone considering property transactions in Skelmersdale, whether you’re a first-time buyer or an experienced property investor.
Types of Planning Permission
- Outline Planning Permission: This initial form of approval establishes the general principles for a development but requires subsequent, more detailed applications.
- Full Planning Permission: This comprehensive approval covers all aspects of building work, including new constructions, conversions, and alterations.
- Permitted Development Rights: These allow for minor constructions like conservatories or garden buildings without the need for full planning permission.
Common Land Covenants in Skelmersdale
- Restrictive Covenants: These legal restrictions may limit what you can do with your property, such as building additional structures or running a business.
- Positive Covenants: These require the property owner to perform specific actions, such as maintaining a shared garden or communal space.
Factors to Consider
- Local Plans: Skelmersdale falls within the jurisdiction of West Lancashire Borough Council. Familiarise yourself with their Local Plans for guidelines on land use and planning policies.
- Conservation Areas: Some parts of Skelmersdale may be designated conservation areas, which come with additional planning controls.
Local Sources of Help
- West Lancashire Borough Council Planning Services: This department offers local guidance on planning regulations, procedures, and applications in Skelmersdale.
- Land Registry: This governmental body provides important data on land ownership, including existing covenants.
Tips for Navigating the System
- Pre-application Consultation: Before filing a formal planning application, consult with West Lancashire Borough Council. This can offer valuable insights and may streamline the application process.
- Legal Advice: Due to the complexities of land covenants, it is advisable to consult legal experts to fully grasp your property’s limitations and obligations.
Armed with this information on planning permissions and land covenants in Skelmersdale, you are better equipped to make well-informed property decisions.
Click on the image for more information
Choose the RICS Level 2 Home Survey for modern properties that are in reasonable condition to gain a thorough yet accessible review of the property's condition. Identify minor to moderate issues, so you can negotiate price or plan for future repairs.
The RICS Level 3 Home Survey is the most comprehensive inspection available, suitable for older properties and ones that have been significantly extended. Delve deep into structural integrity and potential defects to make an informed decision and safeguard your investment.
Need an accurate and reliable market value for your property? Obtain an in-depth RICS Valuation Report, meticulously conducted by certified valuation professionals. Ideal for a range of purposes including Help to Buy, Shared Ownership, Probate, Matrimonial, Capital Gains Tax, and more.
Obtain a Commercial Property Valuation from our certified experts, vital for sales, acquisitions, and compliance. Our valuations offer key insights into your property's worth, supporting strategic decisions and ensuring market readiness. Ideal for understanding investment value.